Start sending from your Amazon AWS SES account via Pepo Campaigns is easy and takes only a couple of minutes.
When your Amazon AWS account is active, the connection to Pepo Campaigns is seamless.
1. Log into the AWS account and select IAM from the Services menu on the top left of the page.
2. Select Users from the left side menu and Create a New User
3. Enter PepoCampaigns_SES_USER as the User name and select Programmatic access as access type. Then proceed to the Permissions.
4. On the Permissions page, select the Attach existing policies directly option.
Use the Search Bar to find and select the for following 4 policies to attach them to the user:
The first three policies allow Pepo Campaigns to send emails from your account on your behalf and to collect the feedback data that will be aggregated for you in the reports and analytics.
The fourth policy allows Pepo Campaigns to connect to your DynamoDB, that process data related to your subscribers attributes – custom variables – storage and processing for segmentation, automation, transactional, CRM.
Proceed to the next section.
5. On the Review Page, check that the correct policies have been chosen and then select Create user.
6. At this point, the New user is created and you shall see a Success Message. Please download the CSV file containing the Access Key ID and Secret Access Key of the IAM user.
7. Please add the Amazon AWS Account ID, Access Key ID and Secret Access Key in your Pepo Campaigns account, in the Domain section in Settings and Run Setup to complete the process.
You will find the Amazon AWS Account ID information in the My Account section when clicking on your name on the top right of the screen.
Once the data are received the Pepo Campaigns team will run the automation to add the sending domain you have provided during your Pepo Campaigns account creation.
The domain setup will run in the Europe, Ireland region of Amazon AWS. This is a standard as we store our clients’ data in Europe in order to comply with the strictest data protection regulation.
The automated setup will add the Domain to SES and there is no need to add single email addresses for verification. Doing so will break the connection with the platform.
8. At this point, you will receive an email with the DNS records needed for the domain, DKIM and SPF verification in order to start sending. Learn more about it here.
If you have any question regarding security or Amazon policies permissions, do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
If you have created a new Amazon AWS account, you will need to take it out of sandbox before being able to start sending. Learn more about it here.