Dashboard and Statuses
The Automation Dashboards lists the existing workflows in their current state and the performance and the emails sent in the last 30 days.
Each Automation created indicates the Workflow Name, the List / Segment that it is targeting, the Creation Date, the selected Trigger – which is the event that activates the workflow – and the current state of the email workflow.
A workflow can have three different statuses:
– Edited: when a workflow has not been activated yet and it is fully editable.
– On: When a workflow is currently activated and no changes are allowed and entering the workflow will show you the performance over the last 30 days for the emails included in the flow.
– Off: When a workflow is currently turned off is possible to edit the emails in the flow, remove and add new emails to the workflow, but it is not possible to change the Workflow setup.
Keep in mind that an email workflow in Pepo Campaigns can always be paused and edited, but contacts that have already entered the flow before editing will complete the original version of the flow they entered and only new contacts entering will be affected by the changes.
The second column in the dashboard indicates how many emails are part of the email automation flows.
Per convention, email flows that contain only one email are defined as Autoresponders and email flows that contain more than one email are defined as Email Workflows. As Autoresponders are a subset of Email Workflows, we will generally refer to Email Workflows in this article to indicate both types.
Sent, Open and Click are respectively the number of emails sent, the average open rate and click through rate of the overall all automation flow in the time window of the last 30 days.
Create a Workflow
Creating automation workflow
1. Click on the “Create a Workflow” button on top of the Automation Dashboard.
2. You will land in the “Workflow Setup” section, where Workflow Name and Audience definition are mandatory information. The audience can be either a list or a segment.
3. By default, Contacts that are subscribed via API are automatically added and removed from the Workflow as they enter or leave the subscribed list or segment. At the bottom of the settings section, by checking the related box is possible to set the workflow such that also contacts added manually and via upload will be included in the workflow.
When a contact enters a flow once, it is not allowed to enter it again if he exits it for any reason. This to prevent duplicate content delivery and let you easily manage your email automation.
4. After you are taken to the Email Workflow Section. In this section it is possible to add as many emails as desired to the workflow, set the content information and the timings for each of them and control the status of the workflow.
Click on Add Email to add a new email to the workflow and fill in the Email Name, Subject Line, Sender related information and the Email Content.
To set the email content, click on “Choose Email Template” to land on the template gallery and choose a template or the code section. Then Design the final email in the Builder Tool or using the Code Section and click on Next to go back to the Email Workflow. The email is now ready to go.
Click on Add Email to keep adding emails, and on top of each email, card set the timing of the email.
The timing of the first email refers to the time that shall pass after the subscribed contact enters the workflow, while the following email cards will refer to the time that shall pass between the two emails.
It is possible to choose among 3 timing options: Immediately, Hours and Days from the last email, or at a specific time.
5. Once the workflow is ready to go just click on ‘Start Automation’ at the bottom right of Pepo Campaigns to Activate it and visualize the email cards in report mode with Sent, Open and Click info for each of them.