Filter by status in the ‘All Contacts’ section.
Access the All Contacts section from the sub-header of the Lists Dashboard and view of all contacts from every list at once.
Contacts statuses and attributes are managed on a global level across lists and are visible in the Contact Profile.
Here some important rules to keep in mind:
- If you delete a contact from a specific list, she is deleted from that list only.
- If you delete a contact from the All Contacts section, she is deleted from every list she belongs to.
- If you upload again a contact previously deleted, she will have the status she had prior the deletion.
- When a contact is unsubscribed from any list or from the All Contacts section, she is globally unsubscribed.
- In the All Contacts section blacklisting and re-subscribing actions are also possible at the single contact level.
- In the All Contacts section is possible to live search for single contacts and to filter by the different statuses.
Every contact has a status within the platform. There are different statuses that a contact can assume and each contact can only have one status at a time.
Here a list of the various statuses:
- Subscribed: When a contact is added to a list for the first time his status is ‘Subscribed’ meaning that he is eligible and he has given consent to receive email campaigns.
- Unsubscribed: If a contact unsubscribes from an email or is unsubscribed by the admin, he will become ‘Unsubscribed’ at a global level. Even if the contact is in the target list of the next campaign, he will not be mailed to as he has shown interest not to receive material via email from the domain anymore. An unsubscribed contact that subscribes again will have his status updated back to Subscribed. In this case, the status is updated to subscribed again, as the contact is expressing a clear will to receive material again. In a situation where you uploads a list containing an unsubscribed contact, the status will not turn back to Subscribed as the contact did not express a clear desire to be contacted again. However, It is possible to manually subscribe single contact from all contacts by manually selecting a single contact in the interface and changing their status. Please ensure to have the permission from the contacts that are re-subscribed to avoid abuse issues, as this is to be used in case of an error or if the contact needs assistance.
- Blacklisted: Blacklisting is another feature Pepo Campaigns is providing to ensure even more advanced contact management. If a contact is blacklisted, then he will not be able to re-subscribe. This status has been added to help you handle upfront cases of fraud where contacts keep subscribing and claim to have unsubscribed. It is also possible to blacklist new users by importing new contacts to the ‘blacklist’ list, these contacts will not be allowed to sign up. Pepo Campaigns Blacklist feature gives you utmost control over your list and absolute certainty on contact status as and when you require.
- Pending: Contacts that have not Double-opted in yet for a list requiring this verification level. This status is shared across all lists till the user opts in.
- Complained: Complaints are reports made by email recipients against emails they consider to be unsolicited or spam. As a contact marks one of the email campaigns or automated message as spam, he will automatically be marked not receive any more email.
- Hard Bounced: Hard bounces are email addresses that cannot be delivered by the system in a definitive way, meaning that these contacts will also be cleaned from the list of recipients in the next campaign.
- Soft Bounced: Soft Bounces are contacts for which the delivery was not possible for a temporary reason, e.g. ‘Out of Office’ or when the email client was not able to receive the message because of high volumes of traffic at that moment. ‘Out of Office’ messages are marked as Soft bounces. A soft bounced contact remains subscribed, but email sending to him is paused for a short period so that there are higher chances of a successful delivery the next time an attempt is made to send an email. If a contact continually defers or soft bounces multiple times without any successful delivery Pepo Campaigns convert their status to Hard Bounced.
The hierarchy of the different statuses is the following:
Blacklisted, Hard-Bounced, Complained, Deleted, Unsubscribed, Pending, Soft-Bounced, Subscribed.
E.g. If a contact is both blacklisted and unsubscribed, then the contact status will be blacklisted.
Bulk Blacklist & Unsubscribe
Bulk Blacklist and Bulk Unsubscribe are to features available in the All Contacts section, that allow to blacklisting or unsubscribing multiple contacts – already existing or new – in one single upload.
Access a contact profile from search in ‘All Contacts’ section.
Being able to access single contact profile information is critical for every organization. At Pepo Campaigns we want to give the best insights on your contacts at a granular level.
Contact profiles can be accessed from different locations in the platform: Global Search, Contacts Search in Single Dashboards or the All Contacts section.
The email address, First Name, and Last Name are displayed on top of the page and the contact current status and the creation date follow below. To change the status of the user, please take action from the related list or from the All Contacts section.
A list of the attributes and the related values associated with the contacts are displayed in a table below.
It follows a list of all the lists the contacts belongs to, the campaigns, and automation emails she has received in the last thirty days.
Browsing Attribute section
Access the Attribute section from the top of the List Dashboard.
Custom Attributes are variables – e.g. name, age, country, birthday – that store the contact information.
Attributes are used to provide personalized content in the email messages and to segment lists for targeted campaigns and automation workflows.
The more attributes you collect and store for your contacts, the more options there are to develop a successful email marketing strategy.
It is then possible to create three different types of custom attributes: Text Attributes, Numeric Attributes, and Date Attributes.
- Text Attributes are string values for examples city, language, an image URL etc. Numeric Attributes are for examples age, zip code, size etc.
- Numeric Attributes are digit related values
- Date Attributes are for examples birthday, date of last purchase etc. They come in two possible formats, dd/mm/yyyy and mm/dd/yyyy. If you are using a different date format, please convert it in one of the two before uploading any attribute related content.
When you start your Pepo Campaigns Account Email Address, First Name and Last Name are the default attributes.
From the Attribute dashboard you can edit and delete attributes. By clicking on an attribute, in global search you will see the different values for that attributes and their frequencies.
New Attributes Creation and Fallback Values
New attributes can be created in the Attribute tab or directly during contacts upload step.
As the attributes are global and may not always contain a value for every contact, it is advised to set Fallback values to ensure consistent personalization.
You can identify a “Fallback” attribute when a contact does not have a value associated for an attribute , which you are using to personalize the content of an email. The message will stay consistent by using this default value. For example: If there is no language listed, fallback to English.
Fallback means that when the system is trying to fetch the attribute value for a certain contact to fit in the copy, for example the first name, but finds it empty in the database, instead of leaving a blank inconsistence spot, will use a value set in the table for each created attribute. In the same table you can check type and format of existing attributes.
Number of Attributes
Each plan comes with a number of attributes which are included. If you need more, please add them through the Add On Attribute functionality in the billing section in settings. To know how many attributes are associated with your plan, please consult the Pricing and Billing section in the Knowledge Base.